Wound Care

903-438-4670
115 Airport Rd
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482

*Wound Care New Patient Information Packet*

Page 1    Page 2    Page 3

Wound Care Physicians

For most of us, wounds heal on their own, given time and the body's own efforts. But some people struggle with wounds that won't heal. And these wounds can pose a serious risk. "Often our patients have dealt with a wound for an extended amount of time without any signs or hope of healing. We offer advanced wound care modalities and evidence-based medicine that often provides better results," explains Becky Allen, program director for Wound Care, a part of CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs.


Wounds that have not started to heal in two weeks or completely healed after six weeks warrant special attention. These wounds can be anything from pressure ulcers to traumatic injuries to infections to serious burns. But by far the most common are diabetic ulcers. About 18 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 15 percent of them will develop a chronic wound. Wound Care services include focused technology, the latest dressing, and specially trained doctors combine to help get difficult wounds to heal.


Treatment options include:

  • Wound dressings
  • Debridement
  • Compression therapy
  • Prescription growth factors
  • Bio-engineered skin grafts
  • Swelling management
  • Blood vessel assessment

For 80 percent of patients these treatments will lead to healing, usually in four weeks to three months. There's a different treatment option the other 20 percent can try—hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).


"With HBOT, the patient is taken down to 2 ATA (approximately 33 feet below sea level) in a pressurized 100 percent oxygen-rich environment. A person's blood becomes saturated with the pure oxygen intake, which enhances the body's natural healing capabilities," explains Allen. She says the treatment has a 90 percent success rate, even with problem cases where loss of limb is possible. HBOT is approved by Medicare to treat 15 different conditions. "Our goal is to get people healed and back to their earlier quality of life. Some people have had these wounds around for years, and these methods are proven effective," says Allen. "With nutritional assessment and diabetes education we can get people back on the road to health and happiness."


Wound Care staff can work with your primary care physician to provide quality care. You can also refer yourself for treatment. For more information about treating stubborn wounds at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs, call (903) 438-4670.

Get Connected

My Patient Portal


Newborns


Hospital Main

Support

Hospital Main
Hospital Main
(903) 885-7671
Physician Referral
Physician Referral
(903) 439-4062
Hospital Directory
Department Directory
Find a Department

Online Bill Pay

Bill Payment

Emergency

Emergency
Call 911
For Emergencies
Hopkins County Sheriff
Hopkins County Sheriff
(903) 438-4040
Sulphur Springs Police
Sulphur Springs Police
(903) 885-7602
Sulphur Springs Fire
Sulphur Springs Fire
(903) 885-7547
Poison Control
Poison Control
(903) 885-7602

Other Helpful Links

Hospital Main
Hospital Main
Hospital Main
Hospital Main