The hospital laboratory, located on the first floor behind the emergency room, performs routine and emergency testing on a variety of blood, body fluids and tissues to the extent necessary to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and trauma.
The lab is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with modern laboratory testing equiptment for on-site blood, urine and other medical tests.
- Andrology- Provides semen analysis twice a week
- Blood Bank- Provides blood and blood products for testing and transfusion.
- Chemistry- Processes chem panels, drug levels, thyroid, endocrine, horomone and cardiac enzymes
- Coagulation- Provides coagulation studies such as PT, PTT, D-Dimer, Platelet Function
Assays and Fibrinogen studies.
- Hematology- Processes CBC's, ESR, Retic and BNP's
- Microbiology- Cultures stools, urine, blood and various body sites for bacteria, identification and drug of choice.
- Serology- Tests included are mono, rpr, flu, strep, amnisure, rsv
The lab's recognized standards of practice comes from the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) and the Joint Commission (JCAHO) as a guideline for services provided.
Pathologist for the Hospital and Clinic:
- Moushira Ebrahim, M.D.
- On-Anong Tris, M.D.